Thursday, March 09, 2006

So, I've been in this novel for almost a month now and am still finding it hard to read online. Unequivocally, I have decided there needs to be a way to download a print version of this. With the many allusions, identity changes, and characters, it is almost essential that I have a pen in hand when reading this novel.

I don't want you to think I don't enjoy the novel, as I think that it is just as good as Frankenstein and Lodore, if not better. But the fact that I feel as if I'm going to go blind as a result of reading a full-length novel online is something that I'm not quite comfortable with.

By no means am I dismissing the idea of keeping this novel online. I thoroughly enjoy the premise behind this project. A printed version of this book could just be an easy companion. That way we can make comments/annotations as we go along online while reading the book in print.

The fact that everyone can put their own personal touch on the text is amazing. It's been beneficial to see what everyone else has to say. I'm actually excited to see everyone's final addition to their assigned chapters. I think, after all the different criticism, we can help future readers understand this sometimes extremely complicated text.

I'm still working on finishing the book, as it is a task that has taken quite a bit of my time. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it couldn't be brighter.

Until next time,

Aaron

No comments: