Monday, March 06, 2006

I think Fortunes of Perkin Warbeck by Mary Shelley is a good novel. I didn't think I would like it at first, but after I got used to who the people were and the names got straightened out in my head, I found it much more enjoyable. I still find it hard to read and think it would be easier if there was a hard copy to hold onto, so you don't have to stare at the computer screen all the time, but other than that, once I got involved in the story, I wanted to "turn the page" to find out the next even that was going to take place. I find it very interesting that so many people were convinced that Perkin Warbeck was the real heir to the thrown and that Margaret of Burgundy accepted him as such even though i'm not sure she really thought he was the real thing or a fraud. I thought it was sad that he lost both fights against England and that he had to leave Ireland but I do finally now understand to some degree why the novel was called Fortunes of Perkin Warbeck, not that it was hard to determine, but I found references in the book that made it clearer. I am excited about starting the editing of my chapter, I hadn't started yet because I wanted to read more before I started making notes and such, but I hope to learn things that will clarify my questions about the chapter that I was assigned as well as questions others had about it as well.

No comments: